At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Especial.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn’t be complicated. It’s simply the taste of Teasdale.
When it comes to our people, we hang our hats on being many different things.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We value teamwork.
- We are respectful, and we hold ourselves accountable.
- We have integrity.
- We are leaders.
- We are Latin food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice (West)
The Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice – West is primarily responsible for generating new, and maintaining existing, business for the Away From Home (AFH) market. Do you have a proven track record of identifying and activating new business, as well as managing existing customer relationships? Looking for a challenge? Let’s go!
Core functions of the role include:
- Initiates and directs sales calls on assigned account headquarters and manages customer relationships.
- Utilizes internal and external tools to pre-qualify customers, initiate relationships, and arrange sales calls on target accounts.
- Develops, recommends, and delivers tactical and strategic business plans and presentations for, and to, each of their assigned accounts with support from Marketing.
- Champions customer new-product projects from initiation to closure, in partnership with Marketing and R&D.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key customer management (especially those in Strategy, Marketing, R&D, Culinary and Purchasing) defining their short and long-term business needs to improve Teasdale’s strategic position.
- Provides both reporting and analysis in meetings and discussions with major accounts, and delivers associated reports and presentations to department heads and Foodservice leadership.
- Uses customer and market intelligence to identify opportunities to provide accounts with additional products and services.
- Maintains and manages multiple regional and national customer relationships.
- Develops effective sales plans using in-depth customer-needs analysis.
- Facilitates collaboration between cross-functional and subject- matter-expert team members for the customer and Teasdale.
- Leads the negotiation process and engages appropriate support, when contract negotiations are required.
- Ensures contract compliance and communicates details.
- Participates in trade shows, customer events, and product demonstrations to increase awareness and adoption of Teasdale and product lines.
What it takes:
- Travel is up to 50%
- Home base is somewhere on the West coast, location flexible
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 or more years of sales experience, preferably in Foodservice or Consumer Package Goods.
- 5 or more years leading large National Account restaurant chains.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with and understanding of leading-edge sales strategies and techniques.
- Experience in cold calling, networking and lead generation, all with the ability to capture and close new business.
- Strong strategic planning/management skills and experience with regionally and/or nationally-based customers.
- Proven experience in developing strategically sound, innovative, and effective proposals.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, by working across a broad-range of functional areas.
What we’d like to see:
Are you passionate about building an organization, growing the bottom line, and transforming your job into a career? Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!