At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Especial.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn’t be complicated. It’s simply the taste of Teasdale. When it comes to our people, we hang our hats on being many different things.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We value teamwork.
- We are respectful, and we hold ourselves accountable.
- We have integrity. We are leaders.
- We are Latin food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
The QA Supervisor provides guidance, technical assistance and scheduling to quality assurance coordinators and associates. As a quality assurance professional, they are involved in all aspects of quality and safety including but not limited to audits, HACCP program evaluation, GMP training, sanitation evaluation, pest control, purchasing supplies, working with operations personnel on quality and food safety issues, inspecting returned and incoming products, customer complaints, implementing policies and procedures and evaluating new equipment installation or repair.
- Coordinates quality assurance activities (e.g., audits, training, purchasing, etc.)
- Provides technical assistance and training to QA personnel
- Monitors and verifies the HACCP plan’s CCPs adhering to policy and procedure
- Conduct GMP and sanitation audits of operations and warehouse areas
- Works with operations personnel on quality and safety issues
- Verifies operations control systems are functional and being followed
- Places product on hold, release or disposition as necessary while adhering to policy and procedure
- Evaluates damaged products
- Coordinates resolution of customer complaints as necessary
- Ensures SPC Management practices are followed
- Completes analytical/sensory reviews of product
- Preoperational inspections
- Develops QA team members, including providing performance feedback and coaching conversations
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years' experience of working as a Supervisor or other similar position
- BS Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or other related degree required. Education may be substituted for years of experience
- 3-5 years related experience required preferably in the food industry
- Complete understanding of Food Safety Guidelines/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safe practices and procedures
- Complete understanding of HACCP Plans
- Understanding of government regulations (FDA, USDA)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to read measurements
- Understanding of environmental monitoring/microbiological testing of finished product
- SQF experience preferred
- Ability to lead a cross functional team
Are you passionate about making a difference every single day, being a part of a growing team, and transforming your job into a career? Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!