At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Especial.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn’t be complicated. It’s simply the taste of Teasdale.
When it comes to our people, we hang our hats on being many different things.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We value teamwork.
- We are respectful, and we hold ourselves accountable.
- We have integrity.
- We are leaders.
- We are Latin food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
Research & Development Manager – Teasdale Latin Foods – Hoopeston, IL or Atwater, CA
This position is responsible for the development of new items, and renovation of existing formulations of shelf stable beans and hominy. The R&D manager leads efforts to ensure quality product is produced, maintained, and documented. Additionally, this role leads a cross functional team through the new product development process.
Core functions of the role include:
- Champion all aspects of New Product Development including formulation, benchtop sample creation, production trials, and initial production start-up.
- Coordinate sensory analysis.
- Renovate existing product portfolio to increase quality, reduce costs, and/or increase production efficiencies
- Review and approve formulations and specifications of new and existing products.
- Direct project timelines and communications to organization for Private Label and Food Service initiatives.
- Assist in providing product data or data analysis upon internal and customer request
- Maintain ingredient specifications and formulas in labeling software and assist in regulatory label review as needed.
- Support production by troubleshooting out of spec product and evaluating production concerns on established products.
- Work with Quality and procurement departments to evaluate and maintain specifications for new ingredients and/or suppliers.
- Manage Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN) of Foodservice and retail business.
- Lead and refine processes and procedures to achieve strategic goals such as inventory reduction, SKU rationalization and plant location optimization
- Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate production on new products.
- Adhere to all GMP, Food Safety, Quality, R&D procedures and Safety standards.
- Complete other required tasks as necessary
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Chemistry, Food Process Engineering
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs.
- Ability to work independently while collaborating and communicating with team members in various departments (Quality, Sales, Operations, Procurement) at all levels of the entire organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable MSOffice
What we’d like to see:
- 5 to 7 years experience in food product development & food manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Genesis (Food Formulation, Nutrition Labeling Software) preferred
- Prior experience in 1WorldSync Datapool
Are you passionate about building brands, turning ideas into solutions, and transforming your job into a career? Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!