At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Especial.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn’t be complicated. It’s simply the taste of Teasdale.
When it comes to our people, our approach is the same…our people are “Simply Especial”:
- We are teamwork, respect, integrity, and accountability.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We are leaders.
- We are Latin food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER - HOOPESTON, IL
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for all Quality functions necessary to support a large manufacturer. Acts as a liaison between the Administration Team, the Sales Team, the Employees, the Customers and the Government Agencies. These duties must be performed accurately, timely and in accordance with TLF’s policies and procedures
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Daily sanitation and food safety.
- Product quality improvement as produced.
- Supervision of lab and lab related work force.
- In-plant presence while processing.
- Identification of problems and problem-solving.
- Preparing for plant audits, including identification of possible problem areas.
- Developing written procedures for sanitation pest control, ingredient receiving, master cleaning schedules, document control and self –inspections.
- Record keeping daily interface with State and FDA personnel.
- Submissions of required paperwork to State and Federal Agencies, Koshering agencies, Organic agencies, customers and brokers.
- Any other issues that involve finished product quality, including labeling and storage.
- Interface with customer, including cuttings, specifications, sample request.
- Complaint processing.
- Working with others on budgets, capital, repair and maintenance supplies.
- Daily monitoring of critical control points for processing.
- Carries out “Good Manufacturing Practice” to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
Lab Renovation and Upgrade:
- Presentations to top management regarding plant needs.
- Written reports on various equipment options.
- Location quality used equipment with cost and availability.
- Working with others to perfect a 3-Year plan.
- Submission of budget items.
- Interface with new equipment suppliers.
- Focus group leader, developing and presenting programs.
- Analyzing and recording focus group data.
- Developing products specifications.
- Developing sampling rates and grading format for products.
- Interfacing with Sales and Marketing.
- Determining scope of quality technician positioned writing job descriptions.
- Developing budget for product expansion
- Communicate to management any unusual situations that may affect the Company or the completion of your job in an effective and efficient manner.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Perform all above-mentioned duties while striving to maintain 100% accuracy.
- To comply with TQF’s policies and procedures
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Agriculture or related field
- 3+ years of quality control experience in the food industry
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, USDA protocols
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO SEE:
- Canning industry experience
- Day One - Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Day One Accrual of Sick Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching Contributions at 60 Days
- Career Growth Opportunities and Professional Development
Are you passionate about being the right kind of leader, the point person of a fast-paced diverse workforce, and a steward of great tradition? We want people who are up for a challenge. Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!