At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Special.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn't be complicated. It's simply the taste of Teasdale. When it comes to our people, we hang our hats on being many different things.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We value teamwork.
- We are respectful, and we hold ourselves accountable.
- We have integrity. We are leaders.
- We are Latin Food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
Essential Job Duties:
- Backup; Quality Supervisor, Quality Specialist
- Make independent decisions and / or escalate issues appropriately
- Demonstrated behaviors in support of company safety procedures with focus on zero injuries. This includes driving results though behavioral observations, participation in SRC and daily trainings.
- Demonstrates behaviors in support of quality work processes to include, Document & learn what First Pass Quality is and be sensitive to quality issues. Notify and follow through on any quality concerns
- Facility audits- GMP, glass and brittle plastic, food defense/site security, annual foreign material risk assessment
- Verification of all QC analytical tests and CCP checks (daily) carried out by the operation’s team
- Ensure adherence to plant operational prerequisite programs (OPPs) as stated in accordance with the facility’s food safety plan.
- Provide assistance/coordination in execution of the pathogen monitoring program
- Prepare foreign material inspections and hold reports driving to root cause
- Provide aid for sanitation activities; pre-op inspections, swabbing, and overall execution.
- Compile, report and communicate daily shift events to include Safety, Quality and/or Operation events to all stakeholders.
- Maintain product quality forms and documents.
- Support lab staffing needs as support and back-up, troubleshooting and maintaining lab equipment.
- General shift support for new products and R&D trials as it relates to quality and food safety
- Weekly product cuttings and end of shelf life cuttings done in conjunction with the senior leadership team
Job qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- HACCP/HARPC certified
- 1-3 years of experience in a quality related field
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others to ensure compliance to site operating procedures.
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders on a regular basis
- Pushing/pulling various plant materials and/or equipment
- Will maneuver in cramped/confined spaces
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for up to 8 hours per work day to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, slippery conditions, dirt, fumes, smoke, smells and allergies
- Frequent bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery
- Driving a company or rental vehicle for up to 8 hours if needed
Are you passionate about making a difference every single day, being a part of a growing team, and transforming your job into a new career? Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!