At Teasdale Latin Foods, our tag line is Simply Especial.
How does simplicity translate to excellence? By putting just the right amount of care into each and every product, and just the right number of ingredients, too. Because quality shouldn’t be complicated. It’s simply the taste of Teasdale.
When it comes to our people, we hang our hats on being many different things.
- We are proud of our heritage.
- We are multi-cultural and multi-generational.
- We are obsessed with quality.
- We value teamwork.
- We are respectful, and we hold ourselves accountable.
- We have integrity.
- We are leaders.
- We are Latin food.
We believe in finding the right people for the right roles, helping them to build careers. That's where you come in.
Plant Controller – Hoopeston, IL
The Plant Controller, reporting to the Senior Director – Supply Chain Finance, is a key member of the finance team and is responsible for managing the plant’s day-to-day accounting and finance functions, as well as serving as a steward of the plant P&L. Looking for a challenge? Let’s go!
Core functions of the role include:
- Partner with Plant Manager to manage and optimize all aspects of the P&L, including revenue, COGS, freight, and other cost drivers.
- Drive efficiencies by managing the day-to-day accounting functions, month-end close, and regulatory compliance.
- Develop plant annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts, working cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, and Finance partners.
- Work closely with vendors to create and foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Responsible for establishment and monitoring of trade, freight and other sales related accruals.
- Perform month-end close and monthly variance reporting.
- Perform periodic internal audits to ensure the existence and maintenance of an appropriate control environment within the plant.
- Responsible for integrity of financial systems and processes, including account reconciliations.
- Establish and maintain the company’s accounting policies and procedures, ensuring GAAP and Company policies are followed.
- Perform regular variance analysis and provides written and verbal explanations to management.
- Prepare financial and KPI reports and presents findings to management.
- Provide pricing and cost insights to support corporate pricing decisions.
- Drive cost savings and productivity initiatives, partnering with the Operations team to optimize the P&L.
- Support the capital evaluation and acquisition process, ensuring ROI and payback of investments
What it takes:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- Five years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Full understanding of accounting and GAAP with experience in cost accounting.
- Cost accounting experience including Bill of Materials, Labor and Overhead accounting.
- Prior work experience as a Plant Controller or equivalent in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with ERP systems.
- Strong planning, budgeting, and teaching skills.
- Expert level MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
What we’d like to see:
- CPA preferred
- MBA preferred
Are you passionate about the numbers, guiding a facility to be its best financial self, and transforming your job into a career? Come join us at Teasdale Latin Foods!